ESPRIT-KRI&TIK Index du Forum

ESPRIT-KRI&TIK Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

is set to compete in the 200-metre freestyle on Friday befo

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ESPRIT-KRI&TIK Index du Forum -> ESPRIT-KRI&TIK -> L'ESPRIT-KRI&TIK
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
 miaowang123

MessagePosté le: 05/10/2018 01:19:30    Sujet du message: is set to compete in the 200-metre freestyle on Friday befo Répondre en citant

LOS ANGELES -- The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings walked between the palm trees into the Dodger Stadium outfield, a beach volleyball court on their right and a Kiss performance stage to their left. A surprisingly good ice rink was straight ahead, glistening in the Hollywood night. "We felt like rock stars," Anaheim defenceman Ben Lovejoy said. "That was by far the coolest feeling Ive ever had playing hockey." After all the spectacle and sensation of the NHLs first warm-weather outdoor game, Jonas Hiller and the Ducks demonstrated whos on top of this rivalry -- with or without a roof. Corey Perry and Matt Beleskey scored first-period goals, and the Ducks beat the Kings 3-0 at Dodger Stadium on Saturday night. Hiller made 36 saves in his 20th career shutout as the league-leading Ducks dominated the landmark meeting of Southern Californias two hockey teams under the stars in Chavez Ravine. Andrew Cogliano added an empty-net goal with 1:29 left to close this unusual chapter in the NHLs expanded slate of outdoor games. "Its a little different playing out here, but its nothing that threw us off," Hiller said. The league threw a California carnival for the event: People in shorts and tank tops played Frisbee and practiced yoga between periods while skateboarders rolled past a ball hockey court featuring youth teams. Although the temperature was 63 degrees with significant humidity when Wayne Gretzky dropped the first puck, the ice held up fairly well in the night air. The Ducks had no problems adjusting to the new sightlines and backgrounds while shutting out the Kings. "It was maybe a little slower than some rinks, but it was smooth," Anaheims Teemu Selanne said. "Were used to not-good ice out (West) anyway. The whole package was incredible. You dont have that many chances to play in front of 55,000 people. This was pretty high on my bucket list." The Ducks earned their 21st victory in 24 games, beating Los Angeles for the second time in three days. The Kings lost their fifth straight game. The Kings hosted the first official outdoor game west of the Rocky Mountains in recognition of the NHLs near half-century in Los Angeles and their rivalry with the Ducks, who joined the league two decades ago. And though this game bore little resemblance to the snowbound outdoor contests in northern climes, the excited fans and enthused players embraced this unorthodox version of pond hockey with gusto. "I cant see any reason we shouldnt do this more," Selanne said. "The quality of hockey was great. Im going to remember this." The teams wore specially designed jerseys for the game, with the Kings crown logo dominating their grey jerseys while the Ducks sported bright orange. After a day filled with fan events and celebrations of the cold-weather sports rich California roots, Anaheim showed whos currently in charge of this rivalry. The Ducks followed up their 2-1 victory in Thursdays rivalry meeting in Anaheim by opening a seven-point lead over Chicago atop the overall standings. Jonathan Quick made 18 saves as the Kings matched their longest skid of an otherwise solid season. After getting a goal in the opening minutes of Thursdays loss, Los Angeles hasnt scored in 116 consecutive minutes against the Ducks. "As for us not scoring goals, its been a constant theme, and its getting embarrassing," Los Angeles defenceman Drew Doughty said. "So we need to pick up our socks, and everyone needs to get hungry around the net and score goals." Hiller made 20 saves and stopped Anze Kopitars penalty shot in the first period, and the Swiss netminder turned away every good scoring chance after that in his fourth shutout and 24th victory of the season. Just 2:45 in, Perry scored the first goal in Dodger Stadium history, connecting rather easily on a rebound of Ryan Getzlafs shot off a faceoff. Less than six minutes later, Beleskey was alone at the side of Quicks net to score on a play set up by Selannes pass. Kopitar was awarded a penalty shot midway through the period when Lovejoy hooked him on a breakaway, but the Kings leading scorer couldnt do much with the puck, and Hiller stopped it. "The experience was fun and it was exciting, playing on a stage like this in front of all those people, but it was definitely not the outcome we wanted," Kopitar said. Cogliano had the best scoring chance of the second period, but lost the puck on a breakaway. Hiller was outstanding after struggling in his last start against Winnipeg, and Cogliano wrapped up the win in the closing seconds with his 17th goal. NOTES: The crowd was announced at 54,099 -- a number that likely made Gretzky smile. ... Despite significant public interest, the game didnt sell out until early Saturday. The NHL overpriced many tickets when they first went on sale, forcing price reductions and refunds in the sections that werent selling. ... Perry joined Cristiano Ronaldo as the first players to score a goal in their respective sports at Dodger Stadium. Last August, Ronaldo scored Real Madrids first goal against Everton in the stadiums first soccer game. Ervin Santana Jersey . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Justin Morneau Jersey . The ongoing funk on penalty kill and an unusually quiet night on home ice for the power play divided the Leafs from the Bruins at the ACC in a rare Sunday night affair. http://www.twinsrookiestore.com/Twins-Brian-Dozier-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Fernando Rodney Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. Eduardo Escobar Jersey . No, the San Antonio star didnt announce retirement plans during an off day at the NBA Finals on Wednesday.GLASGOW -- Ryan Cochrane said before the Commonwealth Games it would be difficult to repeat his double-gold performance of four years ago. The Canadian swimmer is already halfway there. Cochrane powered past Australias David McKeon on the final lap Thursday to win the mens 400-metre freestyle for Canadas first gold medal on the first day of competition at the Games. The 25-year-old from Victoria broke his own Canadian record set at the 2008 Beijing Olympics by catching McKeon with just 25 metres to go. "I could tell I was reeling him in, but you also dont know where everyone is in the pool," said Cochrane. "You have to pick your battles of where you look. There were some many great guys in that final that I was just happy to touch first." Cochrane won with a time of three minutes 43.46 seconds for the fastest time so far in 2014, but said it wasnt his plan to allow McKeon -- who wound up 0.63 seconds back -- to get so far ahead. The Australian jumped out to a big lead that he still held with 100 metres to go before Cochrane put things into overdrive. "I went out hard, and he went out a little harder," said Cochrane. "What worked for me was that it was hard but it was smooth. In the past Ive got excited and it hasnt really helped me, where this time I worked on my strengths and I think that really carried me through the entire race." Canada also picked up a bronze medal in the pool on Thursday with Montreals Victoria Poon, Alyson Ackman and Sandrine Mainville and Torontos Michelle Williams finishing third in the womens 4x100-metre freestyle. Canada won four total medals after Kirsten Sweetland -- who grew up with Cochrane in Victoria -- opened the day with a silver in triathlon and the Canadian women won gold in the rhythmic gymnastics team event. Canada stood fourth in the medal standings while England took the early lead with 17 total medals, including six gold. A two-time Olympic medallist, Cochrane won gold in both the 400- and 1,500-metre freestyle at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi and is off to a great start in Scotland. "Its stressful swimming first day, almost first event, but its exciting to get a race done and see how that sets you up from the rest of the meet," said Cochrane. "This was by far going to be the harder race, not to say the 1,500 will be easy, because it never is. "Those guys (in the 400 metres) have gone fast time and time again so Im happy I could do it when it counts." Cochrane added hes hoping the performance will be a springboard as he prepares for next summers Pan American Games in Toronto, and what will almost surely be his final Olympics in 2016. "I think getting the results here are fantastic and getting the podium and hearing our anthem is what we dream of," said Cochrane. "But also going best time and working off that ... when I hadnt got a best time year after year that was a bit difficult. "I can build off that the next few years." Cochrane has been trying out new training methods this year and said he finally saw the results he was hoping for on a big stage. "You always have to focus year after year on what your strengths are," he said. "I think that race was something that, start to fiinish, was definitely one where I focused on what I do well instead of what other people do well.dddddddddddd "A lot of time I touch the wall and Im happy with the result, but I can think of five things that I did wrong. Youre always focusing on the next event. This time I was just so ecstatic to go best time and it was a swim I was really proud of." Later Thursday, Australia set a world record with a time of 3:30.98 in the womens 4x100-metre freestyle, followed by England (3:35.72) and Canada (3:40.00). Poon said the Canadian swimmers were inspired by Cochranes performance. "For sure its a positive motivation for us," said Poon. "He won in the last 25 metres -- I mean, come on. "Its just amazing to see him race and he gives us a really good vibe." Englands James Guy (3:44.5Cool was third behind Cochrane in a raucous Tollcross International Swimming Centre that cheered on Scotlands first two gold medals on home soil. Hannah Miley won the womens 400-metre individual medley with a time of 4:31.76, powering away in the final 50 metres to set a Commonwealth Games record ahead of Englands Aimee Willmott (4:33.01) and Australias Keryn McMaster (4:36.35). Ross Murdoch (2:07.30) and Michael Jamieson (2:08.40) then gave Scotland a 1-2 finish in the mens 200-metre backstroke, with Englands Andrew Willis (2:09.87) taking the bronze. Cochrane said the atmosphere was electric for all the athletes, not just the hosts. "For 5,000 people it felt like 20,000 people. Theyre just really excited," he said. "The most important thing as an athlete is you can focus you own race (but) that excitement factor is something on top of what you can do and I really felt it tonight." Gymnast Maria Kitkarska of Montreal also felt the power of the crowd as she helped her team, which also included Annabelle Kovacs of Vancouver and Patricia Bezzoubenko of Thornhill, Ont., to gold. "We never competed in such a full house and the cheering was amazing and pumping us up for our routines," she said. Ottawa native Erika Seltenreich-Hodgson was the top Canadian in the womens 400-metre individual medley behind Miley, followed by Vancouvers Emily Overholt in fifth and Marni Oldershaw of Oakville, Ont., in sixth. Torontos Brittany MacLean finished fifth in the womens 200-metre freestyle, while Samantha Cheverton of Pointe-Claire, Que., was seventh. MacLean was pleased with her race, but was thrilled for Cochrane. "Oh my gosh that was so exciting," said the 20-year-old. "Hes just as good a teammate as he is in the water. He really has been a leader on this team." Oakvilles Tera van Beilan finished second in her semifinal of the womens 50-metre breaststroke to advance, Katerine Savard and Audrey Lacroix of Pont-Rouge, Que., qualified for the womens 100-metre butterfly final and Calgarys Russell Wood made the final of the mens 100-metre backstroke. Cochrane, meanwhile, is set to compete in the 200-metre freestyle on Friday before he defends his 1,500-metre title on Tuesday. "The 200 will be exciting. It will be a splash and dash," he said. "Its (a short distance) for me, but Ill take what I learned tonight and hopefully I will be that much faster in the morning." Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys ' ' '
 Publicité

MessagePosté le: 05/10/2018 01:19:30    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ESPRIT-KRI&TIK Index du Forum -> ESPRIT-KRI&TIK -> L'ESPRIT-KRI&TIK Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template SoftLight created by larme d'ange